Teamwork takes more than people.
A team is only as good as the people on it. That’s how it often seems when you look at how much air time the press gives to the top college players at events like the NFL and NBA Drafts. Even in Hollywood, when casts are announced for upcoming movies, the star celebrity makes the news as if the other cast members don’t matter.
We know a team is only as good as how well its members work together – for you, and for each other. At SJS, we strive to do both of these things really well. When we say you come first, we achieve it by working together for you. So what are our secrets for achieving success as a team? Here’s our list:
- Know your role – All team members know the responsibilities and the expectations of their role.
- Support and trust – Team members care about each other and cooperate to get the job done.
- Passionate for the cause – The best teams have been there and done that, but still love what they do.
- Keep communicating – Teams with open channels of communication function better than those without.
- Give even more – The team that has members who put others before self can do anything.
You may not realize this, but when you work with SJS, you are working with this kind of team. We tend to be quiet about it; don’t even talk about it, really. It’s just how we work to serve you.
No one person is smarter than the collective whole, and the good news is, when you have one of us working on your side, you have all of us, even if you regularly meet or speak with only one or two. We call it ‘bench strength’ – with an emphasis on strength. We don’t fly solo, and neither do you.
“Coming together is a beginning. Keeping together is progress. Working together is success.”
– Henry Ford